In this policy “DUAL”, “we” and “our” means DUAL International Limited a private limited company registered at 107 Leadenhall Street, London EC3A 4AF (with registered company number 03540129).
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is DUAL.
What data do we collect?
When you submit a proposal or a query to DUAL we may ask you to submit information such as your name, e-mail address, postal address and telephone number. You are under no obligation to provide such information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to respond to you or provide certain services.
How is the information used?
DUAL will use the information you provide to:
- identify visitors;
- improve the content of our web page;
- customise the content and/or layout of pages for each individual customer;
- carry out research on customer demographics, interests and behaviour; and
- send you information we think you may find useful including information about new products and services, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by telephone, email or post provided always that you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
How and where is the information shared?
DUAL may discloseyour personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- aggregate statistics about site visitors and customers may be disclosed in order to describe services to prospective partners, advertisers and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- if DUAL or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party and is included in the transferred assets
DUAL places great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with its customers. DUAL will take all reasonable steps to ensure that any personal data that you provide via the website is kept secure. Although we endeavour to protect your personal data, because of the nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the website and any inward transmission of data is carried out at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of customer data under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to user information. While we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent this.
We may collect information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to prospective partners, advertisers and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to your hard drive for record keeping purposes. Cookies can make the Internet more useful to you because they contain information about your preferences on particular websites, which allows website owners to provide more useful features for their users Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that. However, you may not be able to access parts of the website if you do so. Cookies are specific to the server that created them and cannot be accessed by other servers, which means they cannot be used to track your movements around the web. Although they do identify a user’s computer, cookies do not personally identify users and passwords and credit card information are not stored in cookies.
- estimate our audience size and patterns;
- track preferences and to improve and update our website
Where is the information stored?
Information which you submit via this website is sent to a computer located in the United Kingdom. This is necessary in order to process the information and to send you the information you have requested. Information submitted by you may be transferred by us to our other offices and to other reputable third party organisations, which may be situated outside the European Economic Area, including to countries that do not have data protection laws. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
DUAL is committed to delivering the rights that the Data Protection Act 1998 and Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations provides to individuals. Amongst these are:
- the right to object to your personal information being used for direct marketing. We will give you the ability to object to this, and where required we will ensure we obtain your consent before undertaking marketing.You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at the address set out below
- the right to request a copy of the personal information DUAL holds about you. To do this, please write to us with full details of what you require enclosing a cheque or postal order for £10 payable to DUAL International Limited, at the following address:
Data Protection Officer
DUAL International Limited
107 Leadenhall Street
Errors and omissions
If you believe that there may be an error in any of the information that you have submitted via the Website, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review your records as soon as possible
Third party rights
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites. DUAL is not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such other sites.
Your acceptance of these terms
Please e-mail any questions, concerns, comments complaints you have about this policy to email@example.com or write to us at:
DUAL International Limited
107 Leadenhall Street